Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Rustic Soup…

A few weeks ago I made a rustic bean and kielbasa sausage soup. Josh even liked it, and he doesn’t usually like soup. I thought I would share the “recipe”, however there really isn’t a recipe, I just kinda made it up. So here is my best guess at what I did! : D If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

010

I used a 12 bean mix (soaked overnight)

6 cups of water

1 kielbasa sausage

2 medium carrots

                                                      3 large white mushrooms

half an onion

1 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. pepper

The herbs are all optional, but I love lots of herbs in my soup. Plus the herbs is what made it so rustic and homey. : ) You can also increase, decrease or omit certain herbs.

All herbs are dry…

1/2 tsp. thyme

1/2 tsp. rosemary

1/2 tsp. oregano

1/2 tsp. dry basil

1 bay leaf

Directions…..

Rinse the soaked beans then boil them at a rapid boil for 20 min (in your 6 cups of water) and let them cook for another 20 min to half hour till they are tender. Then add all of the ingredients above except the mushrooms. Let the soup simmer for about an hour once it has about 5 min left add the mushrooms to the soup. If you add then sooner they will go mushy.

Serve with some sourdough or artesian bread, then enjoy! : )

012

Have a great day! : )

1 comment:

Nadine said...

Looks Delicious! :D

♥-MOm