Saturday, March 9, 2013

Cream Cheese Strawberries….

I tried and loved a snack/dessert that I made last week. Cream cheese filled strawberries.

For this you will need strawberries, I used 12.

4oz. of cream cheese (softened)

1/4 cup sugar

1 tsp. Lemon juice (optional I used it for flavor, you could also add vanilla)

Take the cream cheese, sugar and lemon, mix together.

044

Once mixed put into plastic bag, then snip the corner to use for piping. Set that aside then slice your strawberries. The first two I cut the top off then sliced the tip into quarters, however that proved hard to fill. So I then cut the top, pulled the center out and put the filling inside. Not as pretty but it was easier. 

046 047

048

050

Because I filled the strawberries from the top they wouldn’t stand on their own, so I put them into an empty egg carton.

051

These were just like eating a strawberry cheese cake. I you wanted they would be even better with some chocolate drizzled over the tops. :)

Enjoy!

No comments: