Saturday, February 23, 2013

God’s Words…

 

James 1:2-6

2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

2 comments:

Tasha B. said...

A couple weeks ago, I summarized this verse in "TRIALS = joy" on a chalkboard in my room. We're on the same page. =)

Deanna Forte said...

This is a verse that I constantly struggle with. A few years ago my best friend died, and I was so deeply offended when people would quote this to me.... I don't fully understand what God meant by this... but I know his love for me (and her) is more beautiful and complex than I can comprehend.... wow... why did I just tell you that? I dunno. Trials being joy... Just doesn't resonate with me. Keep the faith sister! xo