I think these fabric flowers are really cute. :D So I thought I’d show you how to make them! They are super easy…
You will need, fabric (obviously!), a cup or something round (about 3 to 4 inches across, depending how big you want the flower, mine was 3”.), a pencil, scissors, an iron, a needle, thread, a button.
1. Pick out your favorite fabric or fabrics. Make sure though, if you are using different fabrics that they are the same material or very similar. Or like me, lol, you will find out that your petals end up with different thicknesses.
2. Set your round cup on the fabric and trace around it, then cut it out.
3. Do this 5 times, so you have 5 circles.
4. Iron the circles.
5. Fold them into quarters, then press them with iron again.
6. Thread your needle, then sew along the wide section of the quarter circle. Do NOT tie off at the end!!!!
7. Pull the thread tight so it forms the petal. Still, do Not tie off…
8. Take the next quarter circle a sew along it’s wide section, with the same thread in the first petal; so it is now attached to the first petal.
9. Pull the thread through tight to form another petal. continue around with the other quarter circles.
10. Once the last petal is on sew petal 5 to petal 1, so you have a circle.
11. Take your button and sew it into the center of your petals.
12. Lastly take your finished flower and hot glue a pin, hair clip or bobby pin to it and enjoy your pretty fabric flower. :)