Monday, July 16, 2012

A Step Back Into Time…

 

Check out this old photo I found of work horses pulling in their food to the barn. I just fell in love with it, made me want to take a step back into time. See how the horses worked the land, how they harvested their own food. Just be able to see how the people dealt with the lack of tractors and fancy tools. To see the photos that we see in black and white, in color.

217

Well, I was so blessed, I got to take a step back into time. That photo was taken by me, just the other day!

277

216

My good friend and neighbor took me and my sis with her and her husband to go help a farmer hay his fields. When she told me about it I was thinking with tractors, and that the farm had some horses. No! the farm work is all done with horses. They plow the gardens, cut the fields, load the hay, pull it into the loft and I’m sure there are many other things they do for the farm.

I telling you, the very instant I drove onto the property I started drooling! Not even kidding, my heart started pounding and my adrenaline was completely pumped. I was so looking forward to the morning at this farm.

221

My sister and I were given the job of spreading the hay around the loft when it was pulled up. It was really neat to be a part of the process of haying, the old fashioned way.

Isn’t the loft so cool, I had fun doing the work, even thought it was way too hot out. :)

loft 

281

Look at that barn! :D

283

286

The animals on the farm consisted of 7 horses, 2 cows, a lot of chickens,a lot of turkeys, 1 peacock, 3 pigs, 7 dogs. That is the list of animals that I know about.

290

262 270

The garden was beautiful! Apparently, all of the animals food is grown on the farm and most of the farmers food as well.

275

293 310

312

229

Okay, so the small, cream cup, the one on the pole above the hose. This is called “the communal cup”. My sister, when she saw this, said “Wow! You know you’re hillbilly when you have a communal cup by your hose” lol

236

Anita, my friend, her Fjords and Amy.

242

246

313

Anita’s husband, Alastair, cutting the grass with their Fjords.

203  205

Break time!

254

Here is the blog for the “Littlefield Farm”. :)

296

 298

It was such an experience going to this farm, one like no other. It really was a stunning place. It was a place most people only ever see in black in white, yet I was able to step back into time and see it all in color.

224 224

2 comments:

Abigail Fullerton said...

Oh wow cool I haven't ever seen so much hay !

Emily said...

O my goodness! I love farms! I got that same feeling when I stayed with my friend on her grandparent's farm. They had a BEA-U-TI-FUL barn with cows,horses,chickens,dogs,cats,and fourwheeler! It was awesome! I'm glad you had such a good time! Thanks for sharing!