Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Do We Understand Love? Loving Enemies…

In 1 Corinthians 13 God defines what love is, It’s patient, kind, doesn’t envy, doesn’t boast, and so on. And all through out the Bible God demonstrates His love for humankind.

I am taking a bible school class trough the church, and last night our teacher wanted us to to read 1 John when we go home (close to 10pm!). 

Well, I was reading 1John chapter three and I asked myself if I really love everyone. Of course I do! I love my Family, I love my Church Family, I love my boyfriend. :) But then I had to think about it, my family, friends and boyfriend is Not everyone. Luke 6:32 “ If you love those who love you what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them.”

Okay, so, what about those people who are jerks rude? Well God says I still have to love them. :/ That my friends sometimes can be very hard! But 1 John 3:15 says that “Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer,” So! Murder is a sin, and if hating someone makes you a murderer, that makes hating someone a Big sin, even if we don’t want to really want to kill them. Brilliant, I wonder how many times I was a murderer!? Well! I can tell you I do Not want to be seen as a murderer in God’s eyes, so how do I love those wonderful people who annoy me?

Luke 6:27-36 tells us about loving those enemies. “But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 
bless those who curse you, and pray for those who despitefully use you.
And to him who strikes you on the one cheek, also offer the other. And to him who takes away your garment, do not forbid your tunic also.
Give to everyone who asks of you, and from him who takes away your goods, do not ask them again.
And as you desire that men should do to you, you do also to them likewise.” Luke 6:27- 31. It says right there how I need to treat them, how I would like to be treated. Also to be good to them and Pray for them. It has been hard but I have been trying to get in a habit of praying for those wonderful people who annoy me. And not praying that they’d fall in a big hole. lol But rather that God would bless them and watch over them. So Love those who hate you do good to those who wrong you and pray for the people who despise you. 

Love….

1John 3:16  By this we have known the love of God, because He laid down His life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

No comments: