Friday, March 30, 2012

Feminine Friday…. (Old Clothes)

old ball

regency

123

1800’s

I love the regency era. :)

1850's fashion

1850’s

1960's ball gown

1860’s Ball Gown

1900's dress

1900's evening dress

1910

1900

I often wonder what has happened. For thousands of years women wore dresses and then suddenly a hundred years ago the fashion dramatically changed. I mean, I like wearing Jeans, but it is kind of sad that we aren’t as feminine anymore. Yes our clothes are a lot different than men’s, but, there is just something very feminine about a floor length dress.

3 comments:

Tasha B. said...

I know, don't tell anyone I said this ;-) but sometimes I want to go to a Victorian fair and dress like that for a day! I'm sure it had to be a pain, but it would be fun to experience the feel of it just once!

Tawney Rae said...

Love it, Sarah! I might just snatch your Feminine Friday idea for my blog! So sweet! Keep it up!

Tawney Rae

P.S. ah-hem... where's MY pictures?.... ;) jk...

Sarah said...

It's not my Idea, it was a friends. :)