Thursday, February 2, 2012

Cake+Frosting= Goodness…..

Cake! Who doesn’t love it????? Add some homemade frosting and it’s a million times better.

So a frosted cake is delicious and fairly easy to make, until you want to really want to decorate it… My Grandma, my mom’s Mom, used to professionally decorate cakes, and she also taught some classes. Well my sister and I wanted to learn, so Amy and I stayed up at my Grandparents for a few days so my grandma could teach us.

046

My grandma bought Amy and I both tips, a nail and food coloring. :)

015

To start my Grandma gave us each a bowl of frosting and a piece of wax paper, we piped our flowers onto there for practice.

017

Drop flowers, Easy! :D

019

With out telling you can you tell what these flowers are??? hahaha

018

These are supposed to be Pansies… :/

025

Then we have Roses! Easy! Who would have thought that these beautiful flowers would be the easiest flowers we’d attempt. :D

029

Cray Sister!!!! ;P

033

Next were Daisies and Daffodils…

035 

  022

Hehehehe, Amy trying to make a new frosting bag…

038

By the end of the first day we had created an army of frosted flowers. :)

Day 2….

040

The second day we got to decorate our own cakes… To smooth the frosting out we had to dip the knife into a bowl of hot water and then run it across the cake.

050

We added trims, flowers and leaves…

055

TA-DA! :D Amy’s is on the left and mine on the right…

056

Amy did a really cool shell boarder on the bottom, I didn’t quite prefect that one… hahaha

057

I stuck with the stars! :)

003

Then of course after we were all done we HAD to eat our beautiful creations. :)

2 comments:

Tasha B. said...

Ohhh! I'm so jealous! I always wanted to learn how to do cake decorating the right way! Maybe now you can teach me! Great job, ladies, they look excellent.

nmhenle27 said...

I'm so glad you girls learned how to cake decorate! I learned while working in a bakery at Alberstons and became their only cake decorator for several years. It is a skill I still use to this day. I have retired doing wedding cakes, but hope to teach Stephanie how to decorate as well.