Friday, November 4, 2011

Crocheting Crazy…

sarah's pic's 007


sarah's pic's 047


I made these roses for our Pastor’s wife. She is going to make them into pins by adding a button to the center and a pin to the back.


Here is the pattern for them. :)


Make a chain of 48


Petals 1-3; skip 2 ch, * 1 dc in each of the next 2 ch, ch 1, ss in next ch, ch 1 and repeat from * 2 times.


Petals 4-6; * ch 2, 1 tr in each of the 4 ch, ch 2, ss in next ch, repeat from * 3 times.


Petals 7-9; * ch 2, 1 tr in each of the next 6 ch, ch 2, ss in next ch, repeat from * 3 times.


Putting together; Press petals to shape, starting with the smallest petal, stitching around as you go.


I used a H or a I hook, it just depends on the thickness of your yarn. Use any color you like best, I added to the flowers above, I made a silver flower along with a dark green one.


And in case you don’t know crocheting lingo here are the abbreviations.


Ch; chain Dc; Double crochet SS; Slip stitch Tr; Triple crochet *; repeat from


sarah's pic's 015


sarah's pic's 014 - Copy


Here is also a slouchy hat I made, my sister kindly let me use her as model for the hat. :)


003


I made this head band so in the winter I can wear my hair in a pony tail and not have my ears freeze.


004


I tried something new last week. I made a wrist cuff, It is for a friend at church, Tasha. It’s a little different than the one she wanted made, so if she doesn’t like it, it will be added to her booth at the Dickens fair.


001


002

6 comments:

Lady Farmer said...

Sarah~
Your crochet creations are beautiful! I *love* the wrist cuff and the slouchy hat! Have you given thought to opening a Etsy Shop? Something to consider!
Stay warm with your cozy crocheted items!

Tasha B. said...

I love the headband and I LOVE the cuff! I think they would sell very well in our booth - you should make some more! You are so talented, I need to find more things for you to make!! =)

Nadine said...

Of course you are very talented when it comes to crocheting, but what I notice is my two very beautiful daughters...I am blessed!

Love,
Mom

Sarah said...

Thanks Mom... Thank you ladies! :) I have thought about an Etsy shop, I'd just have to build up some items first... :) And I will make some of the other things for the booth! :)

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I absolutely love your hats!

Sarah said...

Thanks! they are really easy and fun to make. :)