Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fall Weather…

 

sarah's pic's 054

Fall weather in Washington is crazy, one minute it can be beautiful and sunny and the next the winds are blowing hard and you have rain. Though getting rain is nothing new to us I guess, we probably get more than our share of it. Then again that is why we are the Evergreen state, and why we do have such beautiful landscapes. :)

sarah's pic's 009

a few days ago, or a week ago, well, I can’t remember, not that long ago we had a crazy little storm. Our cherry tree was blowing around all over the place!

sarah's pic's 036

And then it stared down pouring, everything in our yard was soaking wet and became a puddle.

sarah's pic's 045

Our poor sunflowers bloomed late this year and now aren’t getting much sun, but plenty of water! :)

sarah's pic's 041

This is a cool picture of our mums after all the rain. I took a picture of my horse after the rain too, but he wasn’t too cute. :/ lol Darcy likes to stand out in the rain rather than in his nice DRY stall. I don’t think he realizes that it annoys me, and that he gets that nasty fungus, rain rot, on himself from it! :D haha though one day maybe he’ll figure out that it’s much more comfortable to be dry. :)

3 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I saw the link to your blog on you mom's sidebar and thought I'd pop over for a visit. You are a beautiful photographer! Eastern Oregon weather is crazy like that, too. It was 90 degrees a few days ago and now it is 47. What's with that, LOL?

Lady Farmer said...

It's a wonder we don't all have pneumonia with this crazy weather! :~?
The flowers look so pretty after the rain ~ your photos are so vivid! I think you should make a collection of blank cards with your photography on the front, Sarah! What nice gifts!
Our horses would never go in their stalls either ~ unless it was feeding time! They always had rain burn from standing in it all day! "They didn't have sence enough to come in out of the rain!" My Grandma always used to say that!
Stay dry! :~}

Sarah said...

I'm glad you stopped by! and thank you. :) yeah, Darcy does go in when it's time for food. :D Silly horse!