Monday, September 19, 2011

Earnestly I Seek Thee….

 Life has finally hit me…

It hit me harder than I thought it would. Though I guess it was silly of me to think it’d be just a walk in the park, and on a sunny day at that. No, much to my disappointment life is more like a full on sprint though the busy streets of Seattle and in the pouring rain.

I feel wet and tired, and I haven’t really even started my life yet.

That is a very scary thing… If you don’t have someone to lean on, someone to guide you.

Some decisions in my life are beginning to pop up and all around me I see doors. I made the mistake of pushing some doors open, instead of waiting for them to be opened for me by God. I found that I wasn’t trusting Him like I needed to be. I was just kind of looking around for what He wanted. I was just glancing at Him, I was blind and deft to what He had in store for me. I don’t want that for my life, I want to be listening to Him, and seeking Him. I still don’t know what it is He has planned, but I plan to earnestly seek Him and completely trust in all that He has laid out for me.

Here is a link to Aaron Gillespie’s “Earnestly I Seek Thee”. It is a tad bit rockish at a few points, but I really love the song and feeling he puts into it.

the cross

Psalm 63:1-8 NIV

1O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. 2 I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. 3Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. 4I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. 5 My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you. 6 On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. 7 Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. 8 My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.

2 comments:

Tasha B. said...

Sounds like me lately! My prayer has been for Jesus to do whatever he has to do to make my heart putty in his hands. Instead of me halfheartedly wondering about His will as I do whatever I want, that He would put things/people/situations in my life that would align me to His will like bowling gutters. I'll keep you in my prayers as you venture into 'real life'. =)

Nadine said...

Dad & I love you very much kiddo and are here for you whenever you have to face tough decisions in your life. The good news is that God is with you too! :)

Love,

Mom